paint job ideas i had/have (pics)

GirsMJ86

what should i put on the side of the nose for the Willys MB paintjob?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. what should i put on the side of the nose for the Willys MB paintjob?

• serial number: 160174-S
    • custom make/year/model number: MJ1986-X

well I'm going to paint it up like a willys truck. the umbrella one was one i just thought would be cool. but in order to get it you would have to be a big resident evil game series fan to get why it would be such a joke to see it drive through your town. :twisted:

ps. the willys ones are just really bad scans of ones i colored and the umbrella one is one i just threw together so it don't look too good either. but they are just something to go by and look at final result will be much better.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

alex

thx.8). i was thinkin about just goin to the jeep stealership and gettin some of the decals for the willys tj but those r way too much. so i know this one guy who does decals and hes going to do the entire truck for only 100. all the letters, stars, and the tailgate. ill post pics after it gets done later this summer. that willys green paint is going to cost the most though, got to get it custom mixed.:roll:. also i just wish mine wasnt blue inside because that don't go too well with that green but ill deal or redo it all in black. :twisted:

alex

you know i was actually thinking of makin it a convert. at one time. but threw it out once i saw pics of the convert. dakotas. and it just wouldnt be right unless i put a fold down windsheild on it and could get my hands on another set of doors to make half doors. but maybe what i could do is paint the cab to look like a canvas top. idk ill have to think on that some more.

alex

along the lines of the convert idea. i was gonna cut the top off really carefully and figure out how to use it like a removable hard top. but gave that up too. but what i could do is make one of the dark green canvas ones for the bed like the 2 1/2 tons had.:twisted:

alex

along the lines of the convert idea. i was gonna cut the top off really carefully and figure out how to use it like a removable hard top. but gave that up too. but what i could do is make one of the dark green canvas ones for the bed like the 2 1/2 tons had.:twisted:

alex

Thats what i was kinda thinking, the 2 1/2 ton look, hoops and all :) .

I had an S-10 that had the hardtop convertable top on it. This was back in my lowrider days :shock: It was cool in the warmer drier months, but it really sucked when it rained, or when I left the top at home and got stuck in a sudden VA thundrstorm.

Check the lowrider mags, I am sure they still make those kits. they were not that expensive back in the late 90's. they were around 400 bucks. Just remember to stiffen the frame a lil.

For the paint I would use a primer, and buy a quart of base coat green. Then experiment a lil til you come up with the right shade of green(make sure you use an accurate measuring system so you can repeat the color)

Patrick

:shock: OMG thats cool! i might have to run to the local army store and start looking. also maybe a few mods done to it to make it more jeep trail ready. :twisted: thx for findin that i would never thought to loo for that.

alex

what do you think would look better on the side of the nose?

MJ1986-X because its a MJ from 1986 and base model "X"

or

160174-S because that is the things serial number followed by the "S" for serial number like the old MBs had

I'm not sure which to do. opinions plz.

alex

yea i didnt know what to put when i didnt know the serial number so i came up with that. i like it but the serial number is more willys style. so I'm not sure what to do. :idea:maybe i should poll it:?:

alex