Axle nut torque specs for 4x4?

On 1/14/2023 at 2:40 PM, yungupgrade said:

Replacing my front wheel hub/bearing and I all the information on google was for the 2wd bearing torque specs at 175 ft-lbs. Is it the same for 4x4? Also is there a specific oil grade I should be using for the spindle to lubricate it when the bearing is finally on?

Do you  have 2WD or 4WD? The 4WD front hubs don't have a spindle, they use a hub assembly with captive bearings. Some years the 2WD used the same hub/bearing assembly, with a dummy stub shaft. The earlier year 2WD MJs used a conventional front spindle with greasable wheel bearings.

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Do you  have 2WD or 4WD? The 4WD front hubs don't have a spindle, they use a hub assembly with captive bearings. Some years the 2WD used the same hub/bearing assembly, with a dummy stub shaft. The earlier year 2WD MJs used a conventional front spindle with greasable wheel bearings.

I have an 88 4x4. The bearings bolts I put in I torqued down to 75 ft lbs each. I torqued the axle nut (i think that's what its called?) to 175 ft lbs and placed what looked like a castle-nut shaped retaining cover and cotter pin into their previous positions. It drove around with no issue. Do I need to go back and tighten it further?