s10 bench seat.

sorry to be askin so many questions lately but here goes.

I need a new seat in my mj and I'd like something comforatable for long drives, but I still want 3 people capacity so no buckets. My friend suggested single cab s10 bench seats (late 90s early 00's), which are are 20/20/20 configuration, but the middle seat folds down into an armrest. Which would be perfect for what I need.

Does anyone have any idea if it would actually fit in? Making seat brakets is no problem but I don't want to be unable to close the doors :headpop:

My brother has a 97 with buckets, so I can get a decent idea next time I see him, but that might not be until next week.

Thanks alot,

Matt

One of the main things to consider is how the bench fits over the tranny hump. I was thinking of doing the same thing for awhile. Really liked the 60/40 bench in the Ranger, but because of the hump, it would sit really high.

sorry to be askin so many questions lately but here goes.

I need a new seat in my mj and I'd like something comforatable for long drives, but I still want 3 people capacity so no buckets. My friend suggested single cab s10 bench seats (late 90s early 00's), which are are 20/20/20 configuration, but the middle seat folds down into an armrest. Which would be perfect for what I need.

Does anyone have any idea if it would actually fit in? Making seat brakets is no problem but I don't want to be unable to close the doors :headpop:

My brother has a 97 with buckets, so I can get a decent idea next time I see him, but that might not be until next week.

Thanks alot,

Matt

I bought a 40/20/40 bench from a '97 Dakota. It's 2 bucket seats with a folding armrest in the center. I'm just using the buckets with a XJ center console. The salvage yard wanted 75.00 for a pair of buckets or $25.00 for a bench. So I picked this seat for the mint buckets and could care less about the center console. I saved $50.00 on 2 buckets. It was a great deal.

Image Not Found

I still need to install them, but I have bigger projects that need to be done first.

I bought a 40/20/40 bench from a '97 Dakota. It's 2 bucket seats with a folding armrest in the center. I'm just using the buckets with a XJ center console. The salvage yard wanted 75.00 for a pair of buckets or $25.00 for a bench. So I picked this seat for the mint buckets and could care less about the center console. I saved $50.00 on 2 buckets. It was a great deal.

I still need to install them, but I have bigger projects that need to be done first.

thats a nice deal you got there.

Any idea on how well the buckets will fit?

thats a nice deal you got there.

Any idea on how well the buckets will fit?

They will fit great. I'm extending my cab so it uses doors from a 2dr XJ so it will be 9" longer then stock.

They have a nice thin back and would fit nice it a stock cab too.