1JTWA6615GT202995

charmcityrambler

Just bought this off my neighbor who is having health problems and can't drive/take care of it anymore.  I promised to sell it back to them "at a fair price based on what time/money I put into it", whatever that means.  I guess maybe I'm just renting a project car? :dunno:

image, if available: None yet, I'll get some uploaded.

Engine / Trans / Transfercase / Front axle / Rear axle / Wheelbase -  2.8L with the 7' bed

Build date: (its on the driverside door sticker, in the form of month and year) - no sticker?

Current Location: Region will do, state, and area of state. - Maryland/DC

Status: Is it still on the road, is it in the junkyard? Project awaiting work? - 

Runs/drives reasonably well.  It's been sitting for about 9 months or so, but looks like it had a 'tune up' right before it sat - air cleaner is white and oil is beautiful honey color.

It's in a weird kind of condition.  It's like they let something go until it failed catastrophically, then did an A+ 110% job of repairing (aka "replacing") it.  So while the shocks look (and feel) like they're original, 1/2 of the wiring harness is brand new and looks like it was professionally re-wrapped and mounted back to the body with factory mounting hardware.  I'm going to have a chat with their mechanic, who's nearby, soon to see whats what.

Plan is to be nothing more than a "truck around town": quick dump runs, move an appliance, go to the drive in, etc.  Something for the kids to take when they're staying close enough for easy recovery :)

• 2 weeks later...
*ZZ  
-ZZ  
APP TWO TONE PAINT PACKAGE - (MEX POLICE)
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DGZ Transmission- 3-Spd. Automatic
EFB ENGINE - 2.8L GM 6CYL
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GTZ MIRRORS - MANUAL REMOTE
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
RAC RADIO - AM/MTR