Need AX15 Crossmember

CrustyBoy

2 minutes ago, howeitsdone said:

If you get desperate, DeadJeep sells them for like $130 and will probably take a month to ship.

Yeah that's why I'm posting here. Ordered one from them about a month ago and have been waiting since. If someone here could get me one sooner I'd get a refund. Not the biggest fan of DeadJeep's practice of selling parts they don't have in stock.

I'm definitely open to adapters and aftermarket options at this point. Right now I'm just simply swapping in a 2WD AX15 in place of a BA10. No transfer case or anything. I'd like to eventually do a 4WD conversion but that would be a ways off.

So between the plate suggested by @howeitsdone, the adapter made by Novak, or the crossmember you linked, which do you think is the best option? I don't see me trying any other transmissions down the road, even if I did an LS swap it would still be with an AX15.

Should have mentioned, the plate is specifically made for a YJ (Not sure what that means). I would have tried it if I hadn't found an x-member, but no one here has used it I believe so can't say for sure. I thought the BA10 mount was the same across the board.

"Best" would be an aftermarket that's strengthened, but it's up to you if $200 justifies that for what you do with your truck. The one linked also has a 1" drop so if you're not lifted it could alter your pinion angle.

Some folks even just use the BA10 crossmember and make it fit, but that'll also adjust the pinion angle.

3 hours ago, CrustyBoy said:

I'm definitely open to adapters and aftermarket options at this point. Right now I'm just simply swapping in a 2WD AX15 in place of a BA10. No transfer case or anything. I'd like to eventually do a 4WD conversion but that would be a ways off.

So between the plate suggested by @howeitsdone, the adapter made by Novak, or the crossmember you linked, which do you think is the best option? I don't see me trying any other transmissions down the road, even if I did an LS swap it would still be with an AX15.

If it were me personally doing a build that your intentions were to not leave factory, then hands down yes I'd go aftermarket or build one. I have no experience with the Rusty's but I always knew they had an option in case. Regardless the factory ones aren't too particularly "beef" if you get what I mean. There are also more companies that have things like built in brackets for long arms if that might be another upgrade you plan on down the road. Dirtbound, Clayton, Cavfab are a few that pop in my head quickly.