my MJ project

I have most of my parts collected for my MJ so I decided it is time to start the build thread.

Specs will be...

89 MJ

4.3 w/quadrajet

th400

D300 w/ Advance Adapters 32 spline input- twinstick. 4:1 possibly in the future

9" rear 4.88 Moser shafts 33-maybe 35 spline w/spool

D44 4.88 gears on XJ leafs. haven't decided on the locker, maybe a lunchbox locker

35" tires

chopped and dovetailed bed. tube and sheetmetal skins w/stock bedfloor

when you bob and dovtail, are you going to move your rear shackles forward to be able to use the XJ leafs?

He would have to move them a long way because it sound like he is planning on using them in the front.,,,

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, the holidays are past and it's time for me to get busy.

The 9" is in, the engine and transmission will be going in next weekend.

Next on the list will be swapping the front axle (I have to get one first) if anybody has any ideas on a d44 front axle let me hear them, wheel bolt pattern doesn't matter as long as it is around 61-63" wide passenger side drop.

It seems like I am a long way off but when I get everything bolted in where it's going hooking it up and getting it running right shouldn't be that bad.

I decided to go carb to start with and come back later and do TBI as a side project. It will be a work in progress anyways, I will run it as soon as I can and do the body mods.. etc. as time goes.

I just want to wheel!!! :D

The frontend is picked up a little with an engine hoist, it sits level w/soa rear and 6.5 in the front. None of the running gear is in yet though. Those 33's are just rollers, it will have 35's on it but our MJ's have a mile of ground clearance to start with.. if the axle center wasn't so close to the ground I would run 33's on it.

• 2 months later...