PDF Postings from other sites?

Sorry for the long post - kind of a complicated topic.

Like many on here, I investigate via google things I am interested in. This generally leads to several other Jeep-ish sites, and others' experiences as they have documented on those sites. 

I tend to make a PDF of the thread(s) I am interested in, and save to my own computer. 

This is because sometimes that info just... goes away. Either because the OP became disgruntled and deleted all his content, or the site just died, or he failed to pay his photo hosting site fees, or the photo hosting site went tango uniform, or just decided to hold all the Internet hostage (think Photo Bucket).  

Re: I have been struggling to find just the right set of seats to replace my 91 original buckets. I have at least half a dozen PDF's from various sites, chronicling the sometimes pretty detailed fabbing required to adapt to that particular seat. Others have probably done things similar.  It would be...ideal to have all this data in one place. 

Can these PDF's be hosted/posted on CC?   

The thing I do not fully comprehend is privacy aspects of this. 

However, note that with the right computer savvy, it is oftentimes (but not always) possible (via the Way Back Machine) to go "back in time"  and see the website BEFORE the photos were deleted, and BEFORE threads were deleted. 

So if you were interested in say, the 4.0 Intake manifold swap, and found the link on the "mallcrawlin.com" website, "4.0L 99+ intake manifold swap with REAL DYNO NUMBERS!", the 7 pages posted are there (as of this am), but without any referenced pics. However, using the Way Back Machine, I can go back to August of 2012, and find the site, WITH THE PICS, before Photo-Bucket broke the internet.  Having the photos to go with the article is... invaluable.

So if the data is still "on the internet", and was voluntarily posted, I do not think there is any problem with saving a copy in pdf and re-hosting would be a concern.  Point in fact, the data is already posted on the Way Back Machine site.

See below for a sample pics of the "Intake Manifold Swap" from today, and then from Way Back Machine; you will not find this any other way. I would think it would be of benefit to everyone to post these (and a myriad of data about a myriad of other topics) in a PDF on CC.

Thanks

here is a better dyno sheet.jpg

Here is a better dyno sheet - Way Back.jpg

Funny you post this, we are actually working on a Comanche Club Google Drive right now to save a bunch of PDFs. I was actually going to post a bunch of them today. If you want, could you send them to comancheclub.com@gmail.com and I’ll post them with the others I will be posting?

Carter,

Superb!

While I applaud the decision of accepting PDF Posts from other sites, a couple comments:

1. We considered using Google drive at work, and chose to NOT put all our corporate eggs in the Google Basket. 

2. When Inet is down, you have no access to your data.

3. Think of the target this presents to those of...nefarious intent. All these companies, with lots and lots of internal data. While our firm does not have to worry about me inventing a new means of piping Medical Gases to get 2X the flow in half the pipe size, and CC does not need to worry (presumptively) about corporate secrets, all that data may be - at some time - caught up in a hack that targets others.  It.is.all.at.risk.

While we do use Google Drive for transferring non-sensitive data between company servers and folks working at home, ALL OUR DATA is under our control internally, with real-time backups, and multiple off-site storage locations.    

While I may tend to be a bit verbose, the crux is that all your data should be backed up somewhere - preferable multiple somewhere's - under your control, with some of them NOT connected to the Inet.  No one else will care about your data as much as you do.

All that said, I will start send you some later this weekend; right now I am spending too much time on the computer burning daylight and should be outside working...:rolleyes:

Mitch