This just in... another new-ish Dana 44 in AZ

9 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

What I want to know is what the hell is he already doing to his JT that requires him to swap out the rear axle? Did they(JT community)finally realize the JT isn’t that great and need something like a Dana 60? 

Yes guys are dropping that much coin and instantly another 20g plus on them in upgrades left and right. You should see what turns over at some of the dealerships here with thousands in aftermarket accessories. There had to be 20 to 30 2019 and up Gladiator and Wrangler loaded with anything 4 wheel parts or the dealerships around here will install when I bought a new Kia last fall at the Kia only dealership. That was after the buyers had already paid $10,000 plus over full list, waited at times months to get sight unseen, had nothing but minor recalls for them to sit on lots waiting for months on backordered parts with no rentals due to shortages. I watched the Facebook groups dedicated to these up until after I bought the Kia. I promiseed the wife for years we would buy our first new car and it be the new Jeep truck in anticipation it would be much better. I realized quickly after renting a Gladiator for a week, road tripping, and junk yarding in it over 5 states back just months after they hit dealerships they cost double the price for half their worth. Highway random scary road wandering, physically an inch narrower cab compared to an mj(I measured and compared), a windshield that cracked the very first time I hit a gravel road from a rock kicked up from my own tires, and much more I can go on and on about for a Jeep that was consistently selling for over 65g here for about any version until the dealers got in trouble for the price gouging and we're made to issue refunds by Fiat eventually. It didn't matter because shortly there after the pandemic hit for prices to climb back up again. One thing for sure is there seems to be chronic buyers remorse around Indy from the people with the deep pockets here. Dealers don't care and love it because they make killer money selling the same rigs here over and over to the line of fools waiting to make the same mistake. I've seen some sell for over 65g with over 30,000 miles on them. You just can't fathom how many dumb people there are with access to that much money.