Electrical issue

All has been well in the Comanche until recently. I switched from A/C to defrost, and it's now stuck there. It blows hot air on defrost regardless of switch settings. Under the hood, the a/c components are ice cold so I know they're working. Then, my dash lights suddenly cut off. I have blinkers, and the brights working but the gauge cluster lights are not. I was driving and the jeep shutoff completely. Couldn't restart it. The starter is working. It has a new fuel filter. It seems like a fuel issue but I wonder if there's something funny with the electrical because of all the stuff mentioned above happening back to back. Any thoughts?

Ok you have three different issues here.

Stuck on defrost is a vacuum issue, probably a broken line.

The dash lights could be a blown fuse

or bad headlight switch

as far as shutting off you will have to see if it has fuel or spark.before we can further diagnose

3 hours ago, jdog said:

Ok you have three different issues here.

Stuck on defrost is a vacuum issue, probably a broken line.

The dash lights could be a blown fuse

or bad headlight switch

as far as shutting off you will have to see if it has fuel or spark.before we can further diagnose

Just put in a new coil and bam! She runs! I think that head light switch is the gauge cluster culprit. I'm guessing that's an eBay thing? There was one vacuum line that had a hole and I covered it with tape (quick fix) and it still doesn't work. Maybe tape isn't good enough.