Front Diff Leak

So I walk out the Manche today to find the diff fluid is leaking from the front. It has basically leaked out all the diff fluid. I am new to this, so I have done some research here and on some other sites to figure out my options. I also spoke to a mechanic here in town.

His recommendation, to my best understanding, was to put a new sleeve on it to seal it.

What I have seen searching on a couple of sites and here is the fix for diffs tends to focus around replacing seals.

So, now I am left with a problem in that I am still learning my way around and am unsure the best way to determine the leak and or best way to handle fixing it.

Obviously an uneducated post, so I may use the wrong words. If I can describe something better inorder to make advice easier, don't feel bad calling me out on it and I'll try to use better terms to describe my issue.

Found out a guy I've been playing hockey with has a shop nearby (wish I had known this before) so I took it over there today and had it up on the lift so I could get some better information only to discover it is worse than originally thought. It is leaking from the transfer case and output shafts front and rear seals.

Found out a guy I've been playing hockey with has a shop nearby (wish I had known this before) so I took it over there today and had it up on the lift so I could get some better information only to discover it is worse than originally thought. It is leaking from the transfer case and output shafts front and rear seals.

just to clarify, the t-case takes any standard automatic transmission fluid, while the diffs (and manual transmissions) take gear oil (80w90 will do)

just to clarify, the t-case takes any standard automatic transmission fluid, while the diffs (and manual transmissions) take gear oil (80w90 will do)

The T-case is good with dextron II or better BUT THE TRANNYS can also take AUTO TRanny fulid OR OIL. You need to know what tranny and look it up or post up and someone may know off the top of there head.

So to fully answer your question:

YES, to the use of Gextron II or better in the T case in our manches.

NO, to the use of OIL in all manche trannys. (Some manuals like the AX15, use AUTO tranny fluid in manual trannys)

YES, to the use of OIL (With proper additives if LS diff) in the axles.

CW