H4 headlight upgrade (HID’s)

ghetdjc320

I keep forgetting to post these up but I have 2 extra complete sets of Morimoto HID kits minus bulbs. These are the kits I run in my MJ in projector housings with H1 bulbs. Thee kit includes everything in the picture: (1) H4 relay harness (plug and play into stock harness), (2) igniters and (2) 35w ballasts. These are all matched Morimoto components. Top shelf stuff. $100 per kit. Shipping would be $10 for anywhere in the US. Just add your H1 35w hid bulbs in whatever color temp you want and housings. 

1C1F7259-08F0-4346-A2AD-DEE0326F07B5.jpeg

I'm curious about the wattage of the bulbs.  When I rode BMW motorcycles we ran "off-road legal" 100W halogen bulbs.  What's the advantage of the HID bulb? Is it just that much brighter (lumens) versus the Halogen so that the wattage can be so much lower?  I do like the idea of being able to pick the color temperature.

3 hours ago, jamespwsullivan said:

OK. I just looked at the Morimoto site and got some background.  Which system do you have for sale?

Thank

It’s a motocontrol relay harness, igniters and XB ballasts. These are the ballast and igniters: https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-35w-xb-amp-hid-ballasts?quantity=1

The ballasts are universal but the motocontrol harness is H4 specific and plugs into the existing mj harness and connects to the battery and ballasts. Basically these are all the electronics for the swap to HID’s on any vehicle with H4s

Archived