wow... TPS don'ts

ok guys. i got a little happy and decided to play with my tps by hand the other night with no voltmeter (dumb idea yeah i know, but i figured hey, if i can get it almost right by ear then it'll be ok right?) WRONG.

wow. so i put the TPS in with its little arm ABOVE the throttle body's arm. (it goes underneath so that the sensor's arm moves as you open the throttle.)

tell me how my engine managed to run (with minimal back-firing issues between shifts and lack of power randomly)

with NO SIGNAL from the TPS? i gauged it literally NO signal throughout the entire movement of the throttle.

lets play a guessing game, why did the thing still run? HOW did it?

EDIT: oh yeah, i got her adjusted nicely tonight as close as i could get to .83~ that part of my VM is rather small so its hard to get it perfect

and she runs nice now. smooth signal increase as you open the throttle.

It doesn't need TPS input to run. It's just another parameter that allows it to better regulate the fuel. Besides, no input is better than the wrong input...

gotcha, thats the kinda answer i was lookin for, thanks man.

and btw. no input=backfiring/lack of power ;) found that out the hard way :D

she runs like a dream now... better than i can ever remember (but it might just be back to normal since i've been drivin it for 2 days while it ran like crap)