Another Lift Kit Assembly Dummy

So I recently purchased my first Comanche and for the most part its still well kept other than interior like most 30 year old vehicles, like many, I started to buy parts for it like lights, mud flaps, etc. And I’ve never restored a car but I know basics and I can follow instructions well with that being said I went out and got me some 33” and was wondering whats a good “lift kit” for it, everyone says that rough country is trash, that’s better to put together one, but from Individual experience what has worked out for y’all, like I’ll like to know a complete set for maybe a 4-1/2 lift or 6 inch, thats won't break my pocket but willing to spend what is necessary. what would be better for a good city ride on 33 or is a man just dreaming ? 88 Comanche Pioneer 2wd 4.0 L 6 Cylinder wheels moto metal M0956 tires LT285/65 R18  125/122R

image.jpg

How Radical are you wanting to get?

While there are parts available for a 2wd Lift, Would you want to switch over to a 4wd set-up??

Start looking at different companies, at what they have to offer.

Compile a List of the Parts that you Will Need (Springs, Shocks, Brake Lines, etc.,)

6" Lift in the Rear, may be as easy as a SUA(Spring Under Axle) to a SOA(Spring Over Axle) Swap.

Just Remember that you will need to get New Spring Perches welded to the axle. and figure where you want the Shocks to Mount.

Some may say "Use an Add-a-Leaf to get Rear Lift", I would say to get New Springs at a Local Spring Shop, one that knows & understands what you are doing.

On a quick check, I did find a few places that have the parts listed for a 2wd Lift. I don't know much about those, I have 4WD, and pieced my lift "kit" the way I described.

Just  Do the Research and figuring Before you commit to start getting the Parts.

Good Luck.