I FINALLY got my leaf springs!!!

Well, I got the final spring Monday night....and played HOOKEY today and My buddie and I put them in!!!

All went well, only snag was the centering bolt on new springs was 9/16". Factory was 1/2". But we did not notice untill everything was nearly bolted up!!

I was also able to finally finish my rear tow point bracing!!

Here is my bracing. I attached to the back of the 2" receiver and angled forward, ending above the rear tars:

Image Not Found

Here is the springs in and at full droop:

Here is my Drive Shaft angle. I'll chop the bolts after I re-torque the U-bolts a couple times:

Here is the difference between old and new. the frame ends are bolted together for referance:

The next two are rear done, but before I added one inch to the front:

Image Not Found

Here it is really done:

It appears lower in the rear, but my driveway is on an angle so it is deceiving. The front is @ 23.25" from the center of the hub to the edje of the flair, while the rear is just over 24".

Next is rocker protection! I have found a couple desighn's I really like. They will be integrated into the body as I have already removed the cancer (rust) from the rockers.

CW

I like your receiver bracing, I need to do the same to mine as I think it needs some more strength for recovery, at least for my piece of mind.

How's it connect at the frame end? Can you take some more pics of it?

As for your driveshaft angle, are you running a CV joint shaft? Looks like the pinion ujoint angle is 0º, but the angle of the pic could make it deceiving.

For now, it attaches to the "frame" above the rear tars with a Grade 5 1/2" bolt and nut.

Image Not Found

But it also transects the cross in the rear of the frame in two spots where I will also add a spacer and two more 1/2" bolts.

Image Not Found

I made the bracing out of 1" box tube with 1/8" walls.

This is the factory drive shaft. Other than it now running about 3/4" out of the tail shaft its is fine. No vibes what so ever.

CW

So did getting the spring shakles to flip to the rear give you any grief?

We had to pry mine back and lowwer the jack at the same time :shock:

Also I have about 3/4 of an inch of visible slip left on my Rear DS , when driveing it today I went over a railraod crossing and when the rear drooped on the other side the slip yoke smacked the tcase yoke :shock: :shock:

So did getting the spring shakles to flip to the rear give you any grief?

We had to pry mine back and lowwer the jack at the same time :shock:

Also I have about 3/4 of an inch of visible slip left on my Rear DS , when driveing it today I went over a railraod crossing and when the rear drooped on the other side the slip yoke smacked the tcase yoke :shock: :shock:

No issues with the shackles. i jacked it up and put on the tars and drove away? Guess I got lucky???

I do not really know how much is left inside the slip yoke. But I noticed I have about 3/4" shiny steel peeking out from inside there. :)

:shock: Are you saying you DS fell out?????

CW