Some questions

Ok, so i have concluded that i want to drop a new engine into the manche. almost 220k on the clock and probably not to much upkeap over the past 19 years, so my question is what engine should i get, are the autozone ones any good??? i also want to get rid of the Puke goat and get an ax15, what all would be involved in this swap.

also does a company make a preformance shifter for the manche, or can i put a hurst t-handle of the stock shifter?

last one, the po of my manche, welded the crap of the top hinge on the driver door, how should i replace of fix that, just weld new plate in with a new hinge? the way he had it it is still sagging and just pulling away, prolly doing more damage than good.

well TIA and sorry for a long post.

Cam jamminz.gif

well...I would stay away from autozone.

idk about new motors, but maybe now is the time for a stroker :brows:

anyways, there are a bunch of crate longblocks, and I'm pretty sure I would never buy a complete engine from autozone.

and as for the ax15 swap,

a complete ax15 trans with t-case (due to spline count differences) along with the 4x shift linkage, the ax15 clutch and pressure plate, throwout assembly, probably should get an external slave one while you're at it anyways (different bellhousing and hard to find but at least you don't have to split the trans. to replace the slave cylinder when it goes bad). also a new pilot bearing will be needed.