pcv or just a breather?

ok so i've had this on going problem on my 88 2.5L MJ. The vac hose just after the oil filler cap just got replaced with a new pcv/breather filter. Problem is its still building preassure and making a horrible squeak like noise. When I unplug it the noise goes away. has anyone had a similar problem and if so did you have any problems when you just switched to a normal breather filter like i have planned? Reason for that is if I let it make the noise and build pressure it stalls the truck.

well I still would like an answer to my question if anyone else has had the same problem but I "fixed" the problem. What I had bought was a breather filter/pcv valve. Problem was the motor was, for a lack of better way to explain, building too much pressure and sucking the valve cover down. So I took the new pcv/breather and bent the pcv part so it won't work and now no more problem with really loud squeak/ scream and no more valve cover trying to emplode on its self. Idles much better and over all performace is better. To answer your question what I got is a round chrome pcv/ breather filter that is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter with a normal bottom section to plug into the valve cover.

00019.jpg Looks similar to this just smaller bottom opening, and has the side port for the line that comes of the air box for fresh air. Did that answer the question you asked?