Dupont Nason Paint?

Any driveway painters ever use this brand? I heard a couple good recommendations so I thought I would give it a try. The auto paint store, (This is all they do) said, "This is tough stuff". However, when I downloaded the TSB from Dupont it said, "Not recommended for automobile refinishing. :huh???: The base labeling says "Machinery and Equipment Acryilc Enamel- code 1E7. There's no returning custom mixed colors so I'm going to have to make the best of it. I shooting HVLP. Any tips? :???:

It might be worth to spend some time over here -

http://www.autobodystore.com/

Or even post this question there. I know the "newer" paints are polyurethane base paints, and Old dog like me, I've done Lacquer base paints in the past, and might switch to the urethane when my projects get that far.

As far as a Machinery and Equipment paint........I don't know, might come out just fine, or it might look like a paint job on a John Deer?? I've heard other's using M & E paint, but for trail riders, and quick jobs and touch up.

Maybe you should check with another Pro Paint shop in your area. Like Keystone, or Sherwin-Williams "auto finishes"

Ah, my mystery has been solved by the nice lady that sold me the stuff. I'll post this just in case someone else has a similar experience: California, being so concerned for everyone's health and whatnot, severely regulates the amounts and types of finishes that can be sold here. (Not to mention how they are supposed to be used) I should have known this because when I want to buy a large can of real shellac for a wood project, the guy at Home Depot has to get it from some mysterious secret place in the back. Then he hands it to me in a plain paper bag. :nuts: The explanation I'm given is that they need to restrict sales due to VOC regulations and a yearly quota they have to report on. It turns out that car finishes have the same restrictions. When I was buying the paint I was asked what it was going to be used on. I said, "A trailer", and I didn't elaborate and say that it was made out of half a Jeep, etc. This allowed the store to record the sale as a utility use and not automotive. They put the Machinery and Equipment label on my can, even though that wasn't the contents of the can.

So, I actually got the auto stuff, as well as the right reducer and catalyst. I hope it comes out as good as Deziped's. It's been many moons since I did any real painting.