Mercmanche, 

I ended up using the pilot bearing that seated further back into the flywheel. It was much smaller than I anticipated so I didn’t have to machines anything special. I can’t remember the bearing number off my head but it fit like it supposed to for an 88 4.0 flywheel. 47CD8E56-3A38-4419-A2D2-32D5F9F5A1D6.jpeg.2cac550ee143530bd70de9fc55d1e249.jpeg

I haven’t really tackled the steering components yet but ill need to do something with my oil pan definitely as far as reshaping it. 

• 7 months later...

So update on the build. I have it running and driving!! I got the AX15 in a fitted to the crossmember by drilling new holes in the existing aw4 crossmember. Works for now but long term would probably need to be replaced with aftermarket parts with long arms. 

58A4E02A-A976-4A23-9ECE-C42F2ED79F0D.jpeg.630bc3e8ef7276b9f7c776d08d0780d7.jpeg

At the moment she runs fine and has no issues starting even after sitting for a month. It seems to run a little warm in the summer months but I’m not surprised by that. It has a 185 thermostat right now and seems to work with a laser temp gauge and sissy around 220 after a few mile slow drive. Could be an easy fix with a bigger oil cooler and another electric fan but overall I’m happy with the build and where it is. 

The exhaust is open behind the turbo so it smokes into the cab some but it’s not bad as long as your moving with the windows down. That’ll get fixed in the future but not at the moment. I almost wanna run it out the hood but I’d had to buy and paint another hood one day. Pipe it out in front of the rear right tire is the plan. 

ECE46BAB-9AD0-45C7-BC53-F663F352D6B6.jpeg.144ad492b54e4e9b00d01249304b83fb.jpeg

I have it listed on my Facebook right now as  of 8-30-2021. Long story short it’s at a stopping point where I can either dump another 10k into with tons and better suspension and the likes of I can let go and start fresh with something else. I don’t have to sell it but I’m seeing if anybody else would like it. I have a little girl coming Feb 2022 so I’m moving to better suit her! I’d probably regret it. But I built it once I can do it again!! 

Future plans would be Ford super duty axles and 4 linking everything. Regearing axles to better suit the torque of the 617 and AX15 and Putting tube doors on and probably chopping the bed or making it into a truggy build with a work bed I have lying around at my dads place. Of course a bigger turbo and intercool it. Bigger pump and injectors and really stretch the HP gains the MB can achieve with the proper equipment. 

This has been a fun and mentally exhausting build and as of now the chapter has closed and can’t wait for what’s next!!