Headlight Wiring coupler

My 87 MJ has a problem and i'm not sure how to fix it. The headlight wiring coupler for the headlights,turn signals and markers is corroded so bad the power wire (think its red) broke off at the coupler. Now , no power to any of the front end lighting. Theres no way i can reattach it to the coupler that i've figured out. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. I checked the dealer and he said a new wiring harness with the coupler would be about $300 bucks. I'm not sure my old MJ is worth that.....lol. Anyone got a solution for me ? :cry:

Is this the big junction block/connector behind the left side headlight?

Simple fix would be a 2-wire trailer-type connector or just a simple bullet connector w/ female receptable. Splice a wire that jumpers right over the connector and connects on each side, with the bullet connector in-line so you can still unplug the complete harness if you need to.

Better would be to get a junkyard connector and splice it in to replace yours. More work, but it's the "right" way to do it.

I have 2 '87 wiring harness's on the shelf, one has some cuts and splices, let me know and I could send you the light connector, or the whole harness.

Then do as Eagle sugested, splice it in to your harness.

Gee......I hate to take business away from the dealer......But I don't think I could get $300 for this :D

Let me know, drop me a PM.