Comanche with 1997 4.0 bogging issues

3 minutes ago, Eric sicca said:

Check your fuel pressure of its lower then the requirements pull the fuel assembly and check the hose that's inside tje tank the connects to the pump. It's a few inches long. If that seems fine replace the pump. Also if you havnt changed the fuel filter that's on the frame I'd start there

I just replaced fuel pump and filter I will check the hose and do a pressure test I guess

1 hour ago, Vandenborg1 said:

I just replaced fuel pump and filter I will check the hose and do a pressure test I guess

Check fuel pressure if you suspect anything. 

Make sure whatever hose you use in the tank is rated for submersion. The cheaper line will break down if you get gas on the outside of it.

8 hours ago, Vandenborg1 said:

So I just did a pressure test finally running 30psi at idle give it any throttle kicks up for a second and drops down to 25 ish then will come up to about 28 and hold till I drop back to idle

Un plug the pressure regulator and retest. If it does exactly the same which it shouldn't. Pressure should rise at idle with it unplug.  Could be a bad regulator. 

I would open up her gas bowels and check the pick up line that's after the fuel pump. Also replace the fuel filter. It's like 12 bucks. If all else fails replace the pump with a oem Bosch replacement. Also the sock on the fuel pump inside the tank could be collapsing in as you give it gas. The 30 psi at idle is fine but it should rise not drop...

8 hours ago, Vandenborg1 said:

So I just did a pressure test finally running 30psi at idle give it any throttle kicks up for a second and drops down to 25 ish then will come up to about 28 and hold till I drop back to idle

Also inspect the gas tank with your phone camera. If it's all rusty I would replace. You can get a tank,pump,new straps and lock ring from rock auto in a kit for 190bucks

3 minutes ago, Eric sicca said:

Un plug the pressure regulator and retest. If it does exactly the same which it shouldn't. Pressure should rise at idle with it unplug.  Could be a bad regulator. 

I would open up her gas bowels and check the pick up line that's after the fuel pump. Also replace the fuel filter. It's like 12 bucks. If all else fails replace the pump with a oem Bosch replacement. Also the sock on the fuel pump inside the tank could be collapsing in as you give it gas. The 30 psi at idle is fine but it should rise not drop...

I'm willing to bet it's a aftermarket Chinese pump that's just failing maybe advanced auto car quest junk