87 power steering with 86 box

I have an 87 2.5 I'm converting to 4wd with a 86 donor.

The 87 is manual steering, I'd like to convert it to power. The 86 was a 2.5 with power steering, but I picked it up minus the engine. The steering box is still there, however. I'm reading that the 86 had a different style power steering pump.

Does anybody know if the fitting sizes on the 86 power steering box would work with the hoses/pump for an 87?

The hoses show different part numbers between the 86 and 87 but I don't know if that's just how they attach to the pump or if it's different at the box as well.

EDIT

I think I answered my own question, autozone shows the same steering gear boxes for the 86 and 87. Rock auto lists the fittings as being the same sizes on the hoses between the two years, just molded differently and of different lengths.

I ended up pulling a power steering pump with pulley from an 89 4.0 XJ. I ordered hoses from Rockauto for the 89 setup, hopefully long enough to reach the steering box, and hopefully the pulley will work. Find out soon.

53 minutes ago, WeezyBlue said:

I ended up pulling a power steering pump with pulley from an 89 4.0 XJ. I ordered hoses from Rockauto for the 89 setup, hopefully long enough to reach the steering box, and hopefully the pulley will work. Find out soon.

Here is a Renix 2.5 intake, the same intake that you have. This intake is completely different than a 4.0..........bosses. Different than a later 2.5 MPI intake.

Different brackets, different mounts, different pulleys. 

It's been a few years since I went through this, don't have the parts anymore, maybe I forgot something, maybe I missed something.........maybe I'm all washed up........IDK?

But............It ain't gonna work out like you think. 

yVCSvtY.jpg

So really what I gather here is that I pretty much need a bracket/pulley from an 86-90 2.5, it has to be that way to mount to the TBI manifold, and that's the only option. Then I have some more options in regards to the pump itself?

I thought the bracket that was already on my Jeep with just the unused pulley was supposed to work with the pump? My plan B was just to order a pump for the correct model year off RockAuto, but if I need a bracket as well then that's an issue. Then I would still need to figure out what part number for the pulley.

All the Cherokees at the yards around here are 4.0, maybe I'll just be patient and wait for one to turn up.