Coilover/air shock/ORI strut tech conversation thread.

The idea here is that this thread will be a compilation of MJ coilover/air shock/ORI strut information.

Feel free to add your set ups and/or any information.

Here's my MJ with 14" Fox 2.0 coilovers and Eibach springs, currently not sure what spring rates I've got on it.

I made simple towers from 1/4" plate which are welded to the frame stiffeners, eventually i want to beef them up, but so far they have worked fine.

20190316_145237.jpg

20180819_123810.jpg

20190404_180917.jpg

20161124_124621.jpg

4 hours ago, mnkyboy said:

The idea here is that this thread will be a compilation of MJ coilover/air shock/ORI strut information.

Feel free to add your set ups and/or any information.

Here's my MJ with 14" Fox 2.0 coilovers and Eibach springs, currently not sure what spring rates I've got on it.

if you want to know spring rates simply find the part numbers painted on the springs. that should give you rate and length. then you can do some math (the equation is all over the internet) for your larger spring and finding corner weights will be super easy. 

The part#s are long gone on mine, you can just see that they are Eibach springs, i was planning to eventually use a  press and a scale to compress them an inch to see what they are.

Problem is that they seem to work ok on my MJ so i haven't cared enough to pull them back off to test them.

12 minutes ago, mnkyboy said:

The part#s are long gone on mine, you can just see that they are Eibach springs, i was planning to eventually use a  press and a scale to compress them an inch to see what they are.

Problem is that they seem to work ok on my MJ so i haven't cared enough to pull them back off to test them.

understandable, if not super important I'm sure soon enough there will be people chiming in

as for myself, i have a bit different build as most know but i'm using 4" travel qua1 single adjustable coilovers, i have a dealer account through work so it was under 400 shipped to my door with springs) until i can afford some nice fox's down the road (i've always loved fox and thats what i have on all 4 corners of my jk) i have 180lb springs for them so once everything is installed ill be able to calculate front corner weight on my 2wd 2.5