Radiator replacement vs rebuild

My ‘86’s radiator is going and while talking over my options with a friend he suggested looking into getting it rebuilt. It’s not my daily and never sees highway so I’d be content with OEM but I’m open to anything as long as it’s not ridiculously expensive. Thoughts?

I have an NOS copper/brass that has been sitting in a box since 1991. I won't be using it since I'm going V8 and will need to get a custom rad built. 

I paid $200 plus shipping, will need the same if you are interested. Just an offer..........

The plastic/aluminum ones from the parts stores are cheap, IIRC, $120. I've gone through 5 of those,  lifetime warranty. Current one is a good one. 

On 4/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jeep Driver said:

I have an NOS copper/brass that has been sitting in a box since 1991. I won't be using it since I'm going V8 and will need to get a custom rad built. 

I paid $200 plus shipping, will need the same if you are interested. Just an offer..........

The plastic/aluminum ones from the parts stores are cheap, IIRC, $120. I've gone through 5 of those,  lifetime warranty. Current one is a good one. 

Pm sent 

Just a thought, the 86 radiator is dead simple, metal tank looks like any other Jeep or tractor radiator of the 70’s and 80s
some of the aftermarket that say oem have plastic thank and probably not really to spec. I have noticed a lot of aluminum radiator available that might fit, could be an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro