Getting back out after the wreck

Hey folks, I am working on bringing my Comanche back to life after an accident.  The wreck was back in October 2017, and the old gal has been sitting in my driveway waiting for me to figure out what to do.  Back in 1988, my brothers father in law bought the truck new.  My brothers wife was born that year, and she rode home from the hospital in it.  She also learned to drive in it, along with some of her sisters.  The truck was passed around the family, and I ended up with it a few years ago.  It is a 2-wheel drive manual transmission, with the inline 6 engine.  

I asked for advice in this post, and I have proceded to remove the engine and get it ready for the auto body shop.

CIMG6993.JPG

The engine is out now, and the front body panels are off.  I can't see any damage to the drivers side. The passenger side frame rail is accordianed for the first few inches, and has some buckles further back.  The last buckle I can see is right behind the shock.  I am hopeful that the cab is not bent, and I can't see any signs of damage to it other than that the passenger door has a gap at the top.

IMG_20190413_153853.jpg

IMG_20190413_153947.jpg

IMG_20190413_154017.jpg

IMG_20190413_154205.jpg

IMG_20190413_154216.jpg

Now this is the type of thread I love to follow. Sometimes one has to do/save something special even if it doesn’t make sense on a balance sheet!! Been down that road myself a few times, and I’m sure I’ll walk it again. Never been sorry either.

Good on you!! Wishing you all success and happiness with the results

• 1 month later...