XJ add a leaf ???

I want to no if any one has used a set of Ford Explore rear leafs to lift the back of there XJ and if so what did they do and how much lift I don’t want a huge lift like 3” to 4” just enough room for my 34’s.

And here is a pic as it sets bone stock with 34’s

I want to no if any one has used a set of Ford Explore rear leafs to lift the back of there XJ and if so what did they do and how much lift I don’t want a huge lift like 3” to 4” just enough room for my 34’s.

3 to 4 inches is NOT a huge lift for a Cherokee, and 3" is generally considered about right for 31" tires. To run 34s you should be looking at the 6" to 8" lift range -- which gets you into long arm territory, or drop brackets for the front at the very least.

3 to 4 inches is NOT a huge lift for a Cherokee, and 3" is generally considered about right for 31" tires. To run 34s you should be looking at the 6" to 8" lift range -- which gets you into long arm territory, or drop brackets for the front at the very least.

HUH!?! :roll:

My XJ is at 5ish w/35's and I can fully flex without rubbing. Heck I know a guy locally who's got 38's on his XJ with a 3" coil upfront and a AAL and shackle in the rear and doesn't rub.

It's called low center of gravity and the proper use of bumpstops.

6-8" of lift with 34's is WAY to much lift....

I am going to say that you are wrong on this I am running 34's stock no lift and can turn this thing on a dime. And here is pic to prove it. jamminz.gif

O I guess I trimmed the fenders a little :D And I bought this thing for 300 and got the tire for a smokin deal of 250 for almost band new TSL. And the goal is to get it under a grand and wheel the $#!& out of it. That is why I am looking at using Explore leaf because I had them laying around from the 8.8 that went under the MJ