Factory Switch Bulb Replacement

I thought I saw someone saying something about the bulbs in the factory switches burning out or something, well I got a fog light switch in the mail today and it looked pretty close to the same idea as the 97+ switches I’ve taken apart to swap guts before. So I took it apart. 308d9610891dc325ecb1fb40c9f55923.jpg39240b77ba46542d2e55dfd407dfed8f.jpgf5cab2b206310225d761f34fa8171627.jpgf7703350ab50268d109b68a5b0ed6c67.jpg

I’m sure you can take it apart more and I could’ve taken the switch and bezel out as one if I was just getting to the light, but it’s just a bulb with some leads soldered to it. I know for a fact I have LEDs laying around that would fit it well, and I might even have incandescent bulbs somewhere, but I just thought I’d share this little tid bit. Just in case someone was wondering, but hadn’t gone into tearing their own stuff apart yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks to me like a 5mm T1.75 wire lead bulb, but it might be a 3mm T1 bulb. Both were extremely common in electronics of the time and are still readily available in 12V versions. My experience is that they last for a very long time, but they do burn out eventually.