stuck ignition cyl (won't engage lock pos )

I was replacing my ignition switch on my 92 xj ( I'll get back to that later )  and didn't have the ignition in the acc position ( tilt steering ) before removing switch,  DOOH!. and now I can't turn the lock cyl into the lock or acc position so as to install new switch. how do I get the steering wheel lock rod to move in to the correct position to remove key and to turn lock cyl into the acc position?

I'm currently trying to fix a ( no crank ) problem. 

*******update*******

It took me a couple hours but finally realized that all I had to do was pull the trans cable thingy? toward the steering wheel then I was able to turn and remove the key.

but I still have the "no crank" issue,  I can use a jumper wire and start the engine at the starter relay between #87 to #30. #85 is ground (and its good) but not hot in #86 in neither the run position or start position. I've checked the continuity at the nss connector in all trans positions, I've even used the a/c relay to check that as well. just checked the ignition switch (new) with a test light.

with the key in the on position two wires are hot then power off in the start position, a third wire (yellow) is hot in the start position powers off in the run position.

so to me this is how its suppose to work. my question then is as follows: is the power not getting through the nss to #86? not sure if there's a fuse or not. I don't know what all is between the ign switch and #86 at the relay. can't find a complete wiring diagram, but I'm still looking. 

18 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yellow should be ignition and should be hot in start position. 

Green wire is starter wire and should also be hot in the start position. 

Brown should be hot in acc then not hot in start but hot again in run.

thanks,  this gives me something to go on. for the life of me I can't figure this issue out. I get the feeling I'm over thinking this and missing the obvious.