Comanche club zj conversion problem

Hi. I have modified my MJ to a ZJ brake conversion. This was done 2 years ago... however i have had problems since the beginning. 

My problem is that it leaks oil from right side... at some point it leaked from both sides... however my major problem is right side... i have changed bearings and seals several times with no change on right side at all... i am at the point to rechange to drums or a new differential... do anybody have an advice or opinion on what i should do or what i might be doing wrong.

PD i am using the spacer needed from teraflex to fill the space. So i got that covered.

Thanks

I have a D44 and it's a nipple threaded into the left axle tube with a vent hose that goes up and exits in the frame. But it really could be anywhere. It's just a tube that vents to the atmosphere so the axle won't build up pressure and force oil out the axle seals. Make sure it's clear and you can blow through it. If you don't have a vent, install one. 

1310485993_VentHose.jpg.995e7460d0a2a177a7eabfa275fb8e60.jpg

3 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

I have a D44 and it's a nipple threaded into the left axle tube with a vent hose that goes up and exits in the frame. But it really could be anywhere. It's just a tube that vents to the atmosphere so the axle won't build up pressure and force oil out the axle seals. Make sure it's clear and you can blow through it. If you don't have a vent, install one. 

1310485993_VentHose.jpg.995e7460d0a2a177a7eabfa275fb8e60.jpg

ok.. thank you... I'm going to check on that... might be missing the hose... cuz i have not seen that.... might have the nipple up there alll clogged up... thank you

• 4 months later...