What the heck!

I checked pick n pull, all they have is a 97 Cherokee, not sure if it has a 4.0 or if it does it will fit on my engine.  Hopefully they get an older 4.0 in sometime soon. Thanks for the info, this job is going to take a while.

Thanks for the offer, going to see if I can fix mine. Started taking it apart, those bolts under the intake/exhaust were fun. Next up is the head bolts, hopefully I'll get the low down after I get'er apart. Was chatting with a mechanic at work, he suggested I pull the plug fill the cylinder with rope, move the piston up to compress the rope against the valves, take the spring off with a hammer or compress the spring somehow to get the keeper off and try some kind of killer carbon eater stuff to release the valve. I decided just to take the head off.

Is there a way to determine which electrical connector for the injectors goes where?  I think 5 and 6 might of been switched around when I was dealing with the injectors a while back.

We're getting about 3 or 4 inches of snow on monday so that'll put the brakes on things for a while. Chow for now.

Fantastic, good info, thanks.   Got'er apart, got the head off, had to hammer the intake valve out.  Looks like the valve head is slightly off square to the stem.  So I guess burnt exhaust was getting by causing the build up of carbon which eventually seized the valve.  Hopefully I can get a new valve and slap it all back together.  Thanks again for all your help, really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...