High Volume Oil Pump

WahooSteeler

Always lots of discussion on here about oil pressure. Curious who is running a high volume/pressure oil pump? Had my RMS replaced recently and since the pan was off the guy I use recommended switching to high volume pump based on the 220k+ miles on the motor. Went ahead with it and so far no issues, definitely a higher PSI at startup, idle and under power. Before I my PSI was within range from what I've learned is "normal" but seemingly on the lower end... 40+ at startup, <20 at idle, just under 40 under power. Now it's around 60, <40, 50. 

Volume and pressure are inversely proportional in fluids.  Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but I'd think the increased pressure you're seeing is the benefit of a brand new pump versus one that's 30 years and 200k+ miles old.

regardless of the reason, 60/40/50 psi is a GOOD thing:beerchug:

I have a Melling high volume oil pump on the stroker (not the Hesco hi-flow pump that's supposedly a blueprinted Melling pump for more $$). It's runs at about a 20% higher volume of oil than a stock pump.  I'm reading roughly 5-10 psi higher than your posted readings Wahoo, but that's probably due to oil pressure gauge error only.