Odometer

I see you are in North West Florida. Were you in harm's way of hurricane Michael?     Is Green Mesa a variation on Mesa Verde and the cliff dwellings?
You got it, I was out west when I bought my first XJ and was constantly in those Mesa, deserts and mountains running around with that Jeep every free moment.

The storm damage were I am is nonexistent we got lucky and had the weak side of the storm. I know how frighting the sheer power of these storms are after living through bad cat three-four hurricanes, also helped in the clean up after Katrina in Mississippi, the storm that hit Panama City is much, much worse. It’s like 60 mile wide tornado hit from the coast t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry my app is screwed up and I can’t read what I type past a certain line in my replies. the storm damage is like a 60-80 mile wide tornado went from the coast to Georgia. The equipment company I work for has branches there, we’ve worked crazy hours to send as much help as we can, truck loads of chain saws, generators, clothing, camping supplies food and water, a few have gone there to man the stores so local employees can take care of their families and repair their properties while the business stays open to resupply the area. At the moment the company is losing money on the common supplies like saws and generators just paying truckers to transport the stuff there.

Even a month out it’s still very bad in certain areas with a lot of resources being put there to help. If people are thinking of helping out don’t forget about the north part of the state, they are hurting too but don’t get the attention since it’s not shown on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As everyone knows, odometer certifications on the sell of autos are a DMV issue by state.  But have a look at the Federal Fraud Statute, 1994,  which has even been heard by the US Supreme court.

https://www.justice.gov/civil/case/federal-odometer-tampering-statutes

Does anyone know it there is a legal requirement when replacing a speedo/odometer to reset it to the reading on an old one?
I worked for a local Ford dealer for several years, and a government fleet for nearly 20yrs. By my understanding there is only one legal requirement when replacing a cluster, or odometer.....
The correct milage must be verified by the manufacturer issuing the cluster, and reported to the proper agency. They usually demand the original cluster to test and verify that the odometer has not been tampered with.
If no such new replacement is available we had to open the cluster, and install a decal with the original mileage, the beginning mileage on the used cluster, and the difference that would be added to the used cluster reading to give you the correct milage.

That particular part of the title is meant for the cases with 5 digits and it cracks 100k. There is typically another section that you mark whether it is actual mileage or not. That’s the point where if you’ve previously zeroed it and mark actual that you are in legal trouble.
It's according to what state. I've seen them all laid out differently. Last time I looked, the box you check off for mechanical limitations is the same box you check for the milage not being correct. That's here in SC, and some states are more thorough on paper work.

I can get a vehicle titled with nothing more than the current title signed by the owner. So long as it's over 5yrs old.