KJ disc brakes off Rockauto

I know I've been posting a lot of topics recently, but I keep finding little projects to do on the Jeep among other things. :banana:

I'm starting to work on the 29-spline 8.25 out of a 98 Cherokee. I bought new drum brakes for it but have decided to give them to a friend that needs new rear brakes in her XJ and I'm going to do a KJ disc brake set up. Upon searching for new brakes for a KJ, I found this on Rockauto. Is it just me or is that a really good price for new and upgraded calipers, rotors, and pads? After that I would just need to stop by the PAP up the road from my work and grab backing plates, studs, and parking brake hardware, right? The main interest in this is the fact there's no core charge...

Screenshot_20180920-135512.jpg

4 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

Good brakes are almost always money well spent. 

But I will say, if eating core charge is a concern, just grab the callipers from the yard too, while you're at it. Send them back as a core. 

I thought about that but I added up the cost of just base level rotors, pads, and calipers and it would come out at 185$ after I send back the cores. This "upgraded" version is actually the same price basically after the rebate.

3 hours ago, jason.cook.52206 said:

Power stop brakes are great stuff also. I have them on our Jk, Tj and Xj. I love their stuff. I am interseted because I wouldnt mind doing the same setup on the comanche you are talking about. Looks to be a great option.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's great to hear! I'm definitely getting them once I finish a couple projects I'm in the middle of. Eventually going to do the swap on the front as well because there's an XJ kit for 220$