Custom centre console

The guy I bought by comanche from installed an insane 10 inch sub that I will do anything to keep. But because of the comanches tiny interior finding a home is difficult.

Wanting to get thoughts from others who have installed massive subs without sacrificing space. Or other who have modded the centre console.

I'm currently planning on taking out the centre console and using Kydex to mold the shape from the first 16inches of the centre console and then replacing the next foot of space where the console was for an ammo can (my partner can get the ones their squadron no longer needs) and cupholders. Leaving me with 20inches for a subwoofer.

I currently have a 6 inch by 2 foot sub box squished between the centre console and the rear wall. It's less than ideal. My elbow would appreciate a change that involves less bruises.

Also the centre console won't be getting cut up so if someone needs a console from a 1991.... If your willing to pay shipping. I am in Canada. West coast!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Why not get a factory half console?

I've got a couple if you want one.
I didn't know factory half consoles existed. I've only had the truck a few weeks and still learning what's out there. What would you want for one of the half consoles? Also where abouts are you, shipping could be a bit and I'm on a super budget.

1991 Eliminator
4L 6CYL
2WD
built October 1990

1 hour ago, Pile29 said:

I didn't know factory half consoles existed. I've only had the truck a few weeks and still learning what's out there. What would you want for one of the half consoles? Also where abouts are you, shipping could be a bit and I'm on a super budget.

I'm in Prince George.  I'll get you a pic of the ones I have.

The one on the left has a small crack in it, which has a piece riveted behind it to repair it, and somebody installed an extra cigarette lighter/power plug in it.  The one in the middle is a larger one, it extends forwards a bit more, never knew they made them like that.  The one on the right looks good too.

Pick one if you want one.  It's yours for cost of shipping.  Only thing is if you want the one on the right I will keep the 4wd shifter blanking plate, unless you really need it, your console should have one though.

20180830_180008.jpg