Two horns in MJ

2 hours ago, Manche757 said:

bad_idea, my knee jerk reaction is not to go through the roof, but a lot depends on the range of answers that guys post here.  Stainless steel, if it polished up as high as you indicate would be a good idea.  The Navy keeps coming up with new alloys that weather better than ss. Not sure what fabricators are using now for premium metals (above steel).  Was Pasqutank county flooded?  FYI, if you had an estimated tax payment or business tax returns due Monday, the IRS has granted until January 31, 2019 for you to file or pay.

No flooding that caused issues to me.  No roadway flooding.  We received 1.5" rain total between Tuesday and Sunday.  The largest quantity at one time was .5" over the course of an hour.  We got less rain last week than many days in July.  BUT, all of the rivers and streams rose quite a bit.  The Perquiman's River just a few miles down the road rose at least 6".  Not enough to hurt anything, but some folks yards may have flooded.  I'm inland a bit, so no issue for me.

I work in ship repair with the US Navy being our primary customer.  316 stainless is about as fancy as we get on stainless for use outside.  I would say keep it simple and use 316.  It's reasonably priced (for what it is) and can be polished to a mirror shine with some effort.  Working it isn't terrible, so fabrication costs shouldn't be too bad.  If you get into the more exotic metals then the fabrication costs will go up as you have to use special processes for welding them.