Running hot & Over heating @ interstate speeds

It's your truck - go for it. Then the next guy who gets your truck will be cursing the PO's workarounds. Not trying to be as azz, but I'd take the time to find the cause of the fan voltage drop.
I did run a new wire, and found the problem along the way. I found a repair by the PO, if you call it that. Kinda surprised the 18ga section of wire he placed in the middle of the harness didn't catch fire.

Oh, no sir, when I say I'm going to run a new wire......I do it right. I removed the connector from the relay terminal, new wire gets an OE connector at the relay terminal. I cut the harness open every so often to pull a new wire through the harness, or run the new wire in loom along side the harness, and label both ends.
When someone goes behind me, they can easily see what's been done.
Just retired from 25yrs+ in the automotive field. Basic mechanical, basic fab work, but the past 10yrs have been primarily doing install & upfitting. Other than I wasn't allowed to trim & fit wire, this is some of my work.

NICE!!!
The pic of the wiring is only the lighting & siren control unit. I add the console, prisoner cage\dog kennel\swat gun vault, camera system, police radio, data transfer system, battery isolator, second battery, computer dock, GPS locator, electronic shotgun lock, and wireless refueling system.

I do all of that along with fab work, mechanical repairs, supervise the shop, drive the car\truck\equipment wreckers, and every other job they have ever thought of!