Oil everywhere on my 4.0

Does anyone have a pic of the inside of the valve cover??

the inside of my valve cover after 150k

what the engine looks like

all cleaned up

I took the valve cover off to clean it and was discusted when I saw my engine, so I cleaned that too, it took forever to clean. I used seafoam to clean everything and as well as it did, this required a lot of scrubbing.

I got the part from Orielly's about 2 weeks ago. It helped some but I still have a BIG problem. My entire driver's side frame rail is covered with oil just behind the airbox. My air filter is FULL OF OIL. I have to go buy a new one now it will hardly even move. It looks like oil is coming from the front hole (very bottom of the picture) in the valve cover and being pumped into my airbox. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks again,

Ron

Your system is working in reverse. The front (larger) hose is the crankcase intake hose. The small hose off the back of the valve cover is supposed to be the suction hose. When this gets clogged, there's no vacuum being pulled so the crankcase gets pressurized by blow-by and pushes oil out the inlet ... and into the air cleaner box.

You need to replace the rear line, but there is a baffle inside the valve cover that is probably clogged, too, so the right way to do it is to remove the valve cover and clean out the inside -- and the baffle -- when you install the new hose.