AX15 help

Hi everyone. I currently have an 87 Jeep MJ 4.0 with the BA10 transmission 2wd. I am currently in the process of changing out my BA10 for an AX15 and already have in my possession and AX15 transmission with the external slave cylinder and I plan on keeping it a 2wd. But i was wondering what other parts will i need and what else needs to be changed over and what years and models from other jeeps I may be able to find them on. I know the crossmember will need to be changed and since they are so hard to find I was wondering if there are any conversion kits that may exist to help out. Thank you

I just finished this. I used the same cross member and used one inch spacers between the frame and cross member.

If you already have the tranny, bell housing and master/slave combo, you just need to find out what year ax15 you have.
Earlier AX15 had a .59“ input shaft and the later models had a .75“ shaft.
If you have the earlier model, nothing needs to be changed. Later model will require you to purchase a different pilot bearing - P/N - PB77HD

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Additionally, the spacers were probably unnecessary - I did it to ensure my drive line was at a good angle. I welded perches on a Chrysler 8.25 and probably fudged up the angle a bit.

I don't have the master and slave combo actually since I'm not sure from which year and model i can get them from. However my trans is of the later model. Can i reuse the BA10 transmission mount or is there a different one for the AX15? What about the drive shaft? Since i have the long bed itll be harder to find that longer drive shaft with the 23 spline can i just replace the U joint at the trans/drive shaft or is there a length difference?

I don't have the master and slave combo actually since I'm not sure from which year and model i can get them from. However my trans is of the later model. Can i reuse the BA10 transmission mount or is there a different one for the AX15? What about the drive shaft? Since i have the long bed itll be harder to find that longer drive shaft with the 23 spline can i just replace the U joint at the trans/drive shaft or is there a length difference?

Master slave combo from 94-96 cherokee.

You need an ax15 transmission mount (the rubber thing) and also the ax15 bracket (the metal bracket that holds the rubber mount).

If you have a 2wd, the drive shafts shouldn't be a problem. At least mine was not.

5 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Master slave combo from 94-96 cherokee.

You need an ax15 transmission mount (the rubber thing) and also the ax15 bracket (the metal bracket that holds the rubber mount).

If you have a 2wd, the drive shafts shouldn't be a problem. At least mine was not.

Clutch kit would be the same from the 94-96 cherokee as well?