Dana 44?!

*Sigh*

A front D60 and a rear D60 cover is the same.  There's a couple slightly different versions, but they're the same, they swap, whatever.  Same number of bolts, same shape, etc.

You posted pictures of two D44s.  A front D44 also takes the same cover as a rear D44...

Please learn to ID axles before you keep telling people you've seen something or other that would be a unicorn if it was true.  There was no D60s in the MJ/XJ from the factory.

Well that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m also reading some misinformation and trying hard to get it straight. That’s why I retracted the information. So back off and quit trying to police the site not unless you own it. I admitted the mistake. This is a site where people come to learn things and exchange information. Not a site where you deserve a beat down if you make a mistake. I notice you do that frequently on here. When you do that you drive people away from the site. I thought the purpose of the site was to get involved as a Community of MJ owners and we want more involvement. Not drive people away from it. So just settle down and stop with the beat downs. Lots of people learning here and so am l. So after my apology and admission that I made a mistake and went off bad information of which there is plenty out there. The end of your comment is basically a beat down and bullying.
Keep it civil and don’t go out of your way to tear people down. Whats the point of it. Other then self gratification. And with people doing modifications and
AMC pulling what ever they had available off the shelf who knows what you may find. Always worth a look and I look under every one I see in a yard. You identified 2 of the axles as D44s what about the third one. They are all under MJs or XJs so what is your opinion on it? Not trying to cause a fight here just trying to learn and sort bad info from good so I don’t pass it on.

88 Pioneer 4x4 auto LB D30/D44
88 Eliminator 4x2 5sp SB D35

BTW, that XJ D44 is worth $$$ to somebody.  Easy bolt in upgrade.

Ya I know. Found two in an old yard next to each other out in the desert. One is gone now the other I took the rims holding it up out from the back. Pull the brake hubs off of it to make them look smaller and buried it as best as I could with sand. Next month I may have the funds to grab it. If it’s still there. They want 250 for it an expense I hadn’t planed for. But there are few out there so if I don’t get it I’ll kick myself in the butt later. And if I do get it I’m going to sell it.

22 minutes ago, jeeppapa said:

You identified 2 of the axles as D44s what about the third one. They are all under MJs or XJs so what is your opinion on it? Not trying to cause a fight here just trying to learn and sort bad info from good so I don’t pass it on.

I should have said all 3, I skimmed it a bit.  A D44 and D60 are not exactly the same shape.

I'm sorry my tone is a little sour, 24 hour daylight is starting to get to me.

I should have said all 3, I skimmed it a bit.  A D44 and D60 are not exactly the same shape.

I'm sorry my tone is a little sour, 24 hour daylight is starting to get to me.

I’m good. That 24 hrs of daylight would be rough. I think I would get extremely sour having to deal with that. Would through the biological clock off. No harm done.