Adjusting TPS on a 4.0 Renix w/AW4.

The Jeep Renix Manual says input 5.0V (between A+ and D-) and output 4,15V (between B+ and D-) with closed throttle.

The volt difference is 4.15V/5V= 0.83 (83%)

I measure the input voltage to only 4.67V, I then adjusted the TPS until the output was 3,87V (4.67 x 0.83)

Is this how you guys do it?

I have tried to adjust my TPS with a meter before also, you can get it to be livable temporarily . I adjusted mine in the same way you are and then got access to a scanner and found out the TPS was WAY off.

You might want to try and find someone who has a scanner and get it set

dead on , your MJ will be a alot happier :D

That sounds right, only I do mine with a Snap-on scanner that reads through the 'puter ;)

Do you have the manual or auto tranny?

AW4

I have tried to adjust my TPS with a meter before also, you can get it to be livable temporarily . I adjusted mine in the same way you are and then got access to a scanner and found out the TPS was WAY off.

You might want to try and find someone who has a scanner and get it set

dead on , your MJ will be a alot happier :D

Do you have any info regarding the scanner, cost, web page etc ?

Can the same scanner be used on the OBD I systems (HO PCM's) ?

Ask any snapon dealer for a USED MT2500 they will run about $500.00 and the cards if they don't come with them are about $100.00 for the Diagnostic and troubleshooting cards( requires one of each )

Best bet is to call around to garages and see if they have one if they do it'll cost ya about $40.00 to git it set

You can get cards for the MT2500 of alomst al early year computorized cars up till 2004> I think they have a newer scanner for 2004 and Up