Broken rear bumper bolts inside frame

Well when I took my rear bumper off about 2 months ago I snapped off 3 bolts on one side and 4 on the other. Does anyone have an easy method of fixing this? There's no way to get a drill up in there, I had a guy that's building me a bumper try air chiseling the weld nuts off to no avail. If I got the weld nuts off I'm still not sure how I would've gotten in there with a wrench. If I took the bed off would it allow me access through the top? What have you guys done about this?

Thanks,

Collin

Beender, donedat. Bought a cheap right angle drill from harbor freight, drilled the broken ones out and thru the other side of the framerail, and ran a through-bolt with a nut on it.

Not fun....

Jeff

Beender, donedat. Bought a cheap right angle drill from harbor freight, drilled the broken ones out and thru the other side of the framerail, and ran a through-bolt with a nut on it.

Not fun....

Jeff

Jeff,

So did you get rid of the welded nut completely or just tap it out to a bigger size? If you got rid of it, how did you fish a nut up in there?

Not fun....

Jeff

All the way through with bolt and nut on outside of frame rail.

Not fun....

Jeff

All the way through with bolt and nut on outside of frame rail.

Duh. Thanks for pointing that out.