Jump to content

Transfer case


Recommended Posts

I need a 242 transfer case for my late wife's 2000 Cherokee. Most of the used 242 transfer cases I see on Car-Part.com are from Grand Cherokees. Not sure on interchange. What year did the Grand change to the closed/sealed tailshaft design?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are three options, export, police, and neither police or export option.

Regular none police 242
Hollander part #412-00332
Looks like 97-01 XJ
ZJ 96-98

Try hollander parts, they are the company that run the software and interchanges for junk yards. Online they don’t break down the interchange real clearly but often sellers have a picture of the part .


You can run that part # on eBay it should have a few hits from junk yards selling there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...