5.7L Hemi?

I too am sorry for the thread jack. I come from an off-roading forum where off-topic is all too popular. Anyways, I'm excited to see this go down. If it goes well, I may consider doing it...
I brought the threadjacking back around here.

If anyone needs any 4bt info, or a source for a 4bt, and transmissions, I can put you in contact with my buddy, he has a bunch sitting around, and has converted his 98ZJ to a 4bt with a turbo 400 tranny, followed by the original NV231.

I found a really decent low milage HEMI for around $3000, but the latest from the shop, is it will cost around $7000-$8000 just to put it in my truck. :eek:

I can have a 350 put in and all the body work and Paint done for around $5000-$6000.

I think I am going to kill the HEMI idea for now. :cry:

I found a really decent low milage HEMI for around $3000, but the latest from the shop, is it will cost around $7000-$8000 just to put it in my truck. :eek:

I can have a 350 put in and all the body work and Paint done for around $5000-$6000.

I think I am going to kill the HEMI idea for now. :cry:

Why fudge around with a shop?

Get those hands dirty and do it yourself!

aev wants about 15-17k to put a low mile hemi into a tj, so that price isn't too bad but how it would turn out depends on the shops capabilities

depends on how you look at it.. it aint bad based on going rates... yeah,

but considering yuo could spend 4 months working on it on weekends (probably way less than that even) and do it for just the price of the tools and motor yuo need.

Tell ya what, seeing how I can use money right now, Give me 1750, along with a plane ticket to go get your truck, We'll load up that HEMI you've got your eyes on, I'll bring it back, and swap it all for you, happily pissing my neighbor off even more, and You can get a HEMI powered MJ. Make sure to have cash avail for any misc parts that may be needed. Or set me up with $1000 bucks, warm dinner every night, and a place to stay, and we can do the swap there in Texas. :D