Battery Cables

Where is the best place to get replacement battery and alternator cables?

I remeber there was a guy on NAXJA who sold upgrades for these cables..anyone know him/or even if he does sell them anymore?

I remeber there was a guy on NAXJA who sold upgrades for these cables..anyone know him/or even if he does sell them anymore?

His name is Jon Kelly, web site is:

http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/

Quality products. I have a couple of sets of MJ cables from him, PM me if you're interested.

His name is Jon Kelly, web site is:

http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/

Quality products. I have a couple of sets of MJ cables from him, PM me if you're interested.

This thread reminded me I had these cables and had never installed them. I finally got around to putting them in the other day. Dayem, what a difference in the speed in which the engine turns when starting now and the overall efficiency of the electrical sysem. Even though I had my 100W Hella H4 headlamps wired through relays these lights are very much brighter now. Even the dash voltmeter barely moves when turning everything on now as before it dropped to about 10V. Proves the voltage drop is much less. Excellent upgrade.

Woah forgot about this thread...

So you don't have any extra cables? I'll just order a set from him directly if that's the case.

BTW which cables did u buy? The whole shebangabang?

I got the complete set (91-95 XJ, 91-92 MJ), however I have not installed the alt cable yet as the cable connector will not fit the recessed output connector on the HO Nippon-Denso alternator. I have emailed Jon to fix this so I don't have to modify the alternator but no response. Might be okay for the 1990 and below, don't know. However all the other cables worked just fine and were high quality and about twice the gauge of the stock cables.

I do have some other NOS XJ factory cables for 1997+ models. But they appear to be too long, which is better than too short. :D So I just installed Jon's cables since I already had them.