Front Tow Hooks

This is gonna sound like a ridiculous question, but I just need it for clarification purposes. There is absolutely no reason to buy tow hooks and brackets if I'm gonna buy a front bumper with D ring shackles on the front right?

Have you decided on which bumper you're gonna buy yet Chico? It really depends on how it's mounted and how it's constructed. There's a lot of them out there, some better than others. And tow hook brackets can be adapted to D-ring shackles too. :cheers:

This is gonna sound like a ridiculous question, but I just need it for clarification purposes. There is absolutely no reason to buy tow hooks and brackets if I'm gonna buy a front bumper with D ring shackles on the front right?

Have you decided on which bumper you're gonna buy yet Chico? It really depends on how it's mounted and how it's constructed. There's a lot of them out there, some better than others. And tow hook brackets can be adapted to D-ring shackles too. :cheers:

Nope, no idea yet. I've been looking at the ARB w/bull bar like JohnQ's,

the Warrior with brush gaurd like someone else on this board or just a simple one like MJeff's. I guess I'm looking more at what's the strongest and best protection for our trucks without being ridiculously heavy to the point where it's gonna weigh the front of the truck down to the floor. I was actually gonna start a thread on everyone's opinions closer to when I was ready to buy one but now that it came up I guess I'll start one 2morrow, unless someone feels like doing it tonight.

The ARB bumper does not have d-ring tabs on it. Everyone thinks that's what they are but they are actually mounting points for a hi-lift jack. ARB sells an adapter that mounts on those tabs to use your hi-lift. The tabs are not meant to be used for d-rings on recovery.

Sorry just thought I'd share that bit of info.

229-300i2-big.jpg

229-300i3-big.jpg

3500040-big.jpg

The ARB bumper does not have d-ring tabs on it. Everyone thinks that's what they are but they are actually mounting points for a hi-lift jack. ARB sells an adapter that mounts on those tabs to use your hi-lift. The tabs are not meant to be used for d-rings on recovery.

Sorry just thought I'd share that bit of info.

229-300i2-big.jpg

229-300i3-big.jpg

3500040-big.jpg

Ok, so I suppose with the ARB you could adapt the brackets and hooks you have to fit right?

How bout the ones you sell Motion. Can you give us a good description with pros and cons and any advice on any other bumpers.

Sorry girsmj about the thread hijack. :oops: