ZJ rear discs on XJ 8.25???

I didn't really pay much attention to this subject, but I'm thinking about swapping the disc brake stuff off my ZJ's D35 rear onto my 98 XJ 8.25.

I'm wondering if the axle bearing retainer bolt pattern is the same or not.

I may also raid my not so favorite JY some night, and take away some good suff off ZJ's (the a$$hole wouldn't take my scrap steel from the cut up XJ, and I can't justify 1600 for a newer XJ door (just 1 door!)... :roll: )

Oh, and how hard would it be to just fill in holes, and re-drill new ones to force fitment?

I didn't really pay much attention to this subject, but I'm thinking about swapping the disc brake stuff off my ZJ's D35 rear onto my 98 XJ 8.25.

I may also raid my not so favorite JY some night, and take away some good suff off ZJ's (the a$$hole wouldn't take my scrap steel from the cut up XJ, and I can't justify 1600 for a newer XJ door (just 1 door!)... :roll: )

Oh, and how hard would it be to just fill in holes, and re-drill new ones to force fitment?

Well on the fitment issue, to fit ZJ disks to an 8.25 all you have to do is ream out the center hole ID about 1/16" maybe a little more. The bearing retainer bolt pattern is identical and usually doesn't require any modification. On a side note-be careful raiding junkyards at night, I know most don't have dogs anymore, but I'm good enough friends with some of the guys at my local ones to know, when people break in, the guys aren't afraid to use guns.

Well on the fitment issue, to fit ZJ disks to an 8.25 all you have to do is ream out the center hole ID about 1/16" maybe a little more. The bearing retainer bolt pattern is identical and usually doesn't require any modification. On a side note-be careful raiding junkyards at night, I know most don't have dogs anymore, but I'm good enough friends with some of the guys at my local ones to know, when people break in, the guys aren't afraid to use guns.

nobody is at this one at night. besides, the back doesnt have a gate or a fence for that matter, so you can actually freely come in, it's just a dirt road about 1/2 mile long half loop, and most people don't know about it, a quick run up a 4ft bank of dirt (which a stock cavileir can easily get over), and your in the yard. the only dog he has is on a chain at night, and during the day, and also, the dog stays inside, so it doesnt do anything good anyways for the yard. more or less a show piece lol. The guys are never around at night either, and all the vehicles are over a hill, and behind a few big @$$ piles of dirt, so you can't see anything anyways. use a torch, cut some brackets, and bolts, and drop the axle right out, snip some lines, and toss it in the back, and go. I honestly don't think it could be easier. Get some damn rear disc brake assemblies for me and a few other rigs...

Whatever the case, I bought the parts, as he ripped me off before, so I'd say these parts are included in the price I previously paid.

Looks to me my ZJ will be loosing it's discs. My buddy who works at a 4x4 shop was nice enough to run out of one of many breaks and measure for me. Must be nice to have 150+ axles out back....

Anywho, yes, this will be a great thread to watch, when it happens.... :brows:

Whatever the case, I bought the parts, as he ripped me off before, so I'd say these parts are included in the price I previously paid.

Unless he took your money for those parts, I'd be inclined to think that he doesn't think you bought them, and the police and local prosecutor probably wouldn't think so, either.

What you're telling us is that you intend to commit larceny. Your choice. I value my self-worth more than to engage in stealing.

Well, Saturday morning before I headed down to bradford for some wheeling, I've got some parts sourced, for a nice and low price, and legally. The JY I like just got 2 ZJ's in, so I'm all good, just need to go an pull my new stuff :D