dumb Dakota brakeline question

So it was really hot this morning when I was at the junkyard, scavenging parts. I wanted to get a Dakota rear brakeline (longer) since I'm up 3+ inches in the back now, and the stock MJ line is acting as a limiting strap at the moment :oops:

How in Hades does that junction block come off the Dakota axle??? The D44 has a bolt thru it which secures it, but the Dakotas don't have anything....how are they held to the axletube? I was too hot and tired to mess with it. Didn't want to try prying on it and screw something up, if there was a hidden fasterner, or it had a threaded stud underneath I didn't know about.

Jeff

glad I stirred your memory......but how do you get it off the axle????

I'm gonna run back down today. There's about 10 Dakotas in there, so I ought to figure it out, eventually.

glad I stirred your memory......but how do you get it off the axle????

I'm gonna run back down today. There's about 10 Dakotas in there, so I ought to figure it out, eventually.

If theres 10, try hammering one off, see if maybe its just stuck on...

The breather is threaded, fits thru the junction block, and into the tube. I just had to clean all the gunk off to figure it out.

One little problem, the Dana axles have a seperate breather, and the blocks are held on by a 5/16" bolt. The Dodge axle breather is 1/2" fine thread....I'll have to drill and tap out the axletube to make it work.

Jeff

no, I don't have pictures of most anything.

just go and get a bolt of suitable size, weld it head down to the tube, then just slide the junction over it and secure with a washer and nut on the top.

then I just reused my stock D35 vent tube with the 8.8's vent.