Windshield Wiper problems

Was the fuse you replaced with a paper clip blown? If it was blown, it indicates a problem somewhere in the circuit. Put another fuse in and see if it blows. The fuse is there to protect the circuit and components. Don't leave the paper clip in place as there is a risk of overheating and fire. Have you checked for voltage at the fuse location with the ignition switch and wiper switch turned on? If no voltage is there, it could be in the wiper switch. If there is voltage there, check for voltage at the wiper motor connector. If no voltage at the wiper motor connector it could be the wiring from the fuse block to the motor. If there is voltage at the wiper motor connector, it may be the motor. Jump12 volt power and a ground straight to the connector and see if the motor runs as a double check on the motor. Be sure and get the polarity correct when you jump the power to the motor.

You aren't telling us what year your truck. Will need that info to check the proper wiring diagram.

1989 Jeep Comanche 4.0 Auto and I can't tell if the fuse is bad it has a silver case around it. It's not your typical fuse. I only put the paper clip in for a hot second to see if I could get the wipers to work. Thanks for your info

The wipers use a self-renewing circuit breaker, not a fuse. When troubleshooting, don't ever short across a circuit breaker or fuse for the obvious reasons stated above. Get a test light or multimeter and check for power on the circuit breaker terminals.