Old wiring sux

Well, I was driving to work yesterday and as I pull into the Micky D's to get somethign to eat my MJ dies(88 2.5l TBI). I am frustrated now cause I was a little late but hungry. I try the couple of quick things like checking the cps to make sure its still there and checkign the coil. I have to call my wife so I can get her to pick me up and drive my wrangler to work. I am on the way home and call a buddy who then gets 8 of his buddies to help me get it home(they brought a trailer and truck). I could not bring myself to touch it last night for fear I would rip something out of it whe I could not figure it out.

This morning after some rest and breakfast, I go out there and begin my diagnostics. Try the starter fluid cause it was cranking. Spray some in and low and behold it runs. Attach the fuel pressure gauge and it has 14 lbs. I know it has to be something to do with the injector firing or the Throttle body itself not letting gas to the injector. Check the injector and ihas gas to it. Check the plug and it has a loose connector right where the injector connects. So now I am off to the junkyard to get new(to-me) plugs and a new injector just incase.

I had strange 'issues' like that with my YJ 2.5 once apon a time.

turned out was a pinched wire going to the coil.

It was wierd, as it worked fine 87.9% of the time.

so I'd double check that.

A bad wire to one of your fuel injectors should make the motor run like sh*t, but it should still start.

double check the line running into the coil, in particular the connector that attaches to it. Thats where mine went bad, took me almost a whole year before I tracked it down.

A bad wire to one of your fuel injectors should make the motor run like sh*t, but it should still start.

double check the line running into the coil, in particular the connector that attaches to it. Thats where mine went bad, took me almost a whole year before I tracked it down.

I had a similar problem with an old 4wd I had years ago. It would just stop, then start again if left to set for a while.

Turned out it was an internal fault in the coil, and when it heated up it would open a circuit. New coil = no problem.

Since it is a TBI it has only one injector. I found that the connector going to the injector was a fault. I am going to replace it when I can get my hands on one. For now I have it running.