MJ revving too high on the highway ?

Tex06,

I did see your post about using the GPS. BUT you did not explain why use the GPS.  Hence my comment nobody has mentioned speedometer being properly calibrated. Guess I should have been more clear with my post!! 

The other thing to use the GPS for is to accurately calibrate your odometer error for what ever tires you are running.  That way you will be able to get accurate distance measurements with your Odometer, no matter what tires/gears you are running.  I used my phone GPS program to calibrate my speedometer error and a correction factor for my odometer several years ago.  Rechecked the calibration last year and adjusted correction factors for tire wear!

You can get a GPS/Speedometer/Odometer App for you Apple or Android phone for a couple of dollars at the most that works really great.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the speedometer is also not properly calibrated.

Checking your actual speed at 60 mph is the very first thing you should do. Then note you transmission gear at 60 mph. Look at your tach at the same speed.

Now, along with your tire brand and size, you can accurately tell what rpm you should be running with any given final drive.

Read my first post, down at the bottom. :D

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk