Coolant in Vacuum Reservoir Canister

I can't think of any spot where you'd be able to suck a little bit of coolant into the vacuum system. Really the only thing I can think of would be if someone hooked an overflow line for an open cooling system into a vacuum line, in which case you'd have a lot of coolant in the lines, and probably also overheating issues.

I can't think of any spot where you'd be able to suck a little bit of coolant into the vacuum system. Really the only thing I can think of would be if someone hooked an overflow line for an open cooling system into a vacuum line, in which case you'd have a lot of coolant in the lines, and probably also overheating issues.

I converted it to the open system right after I bought it because I drove it to school on a hot day and it turned it into a geyser  :doh:

The canister does its job fine, I just thought it was odd lol 

Of course if you had a bad vacuum leak somewhere and had a coolant geyser hit it, it could have pulled some in. Something else unlikely I just though of, the heater flow valve is vacuum operated and would have coolant going through it. I just can't really see it failing in a way that would draw in coolant without it having pretty well exploded.

As far as the coolant in the vacuum lines goes, yeah it runs fine for now, but unless you're draining it regularly or else find and fix the problem, it will slowly fill with coolant which will gradually inhibit the function of the vacuum system.